This Thursday, November 20th, from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m, Texas Roadhouse will give the band 20% of all orders from patrons that present the Texas Roadhouse Fundraiser Flyer to their waitperson prior to ordering. If you are unable to dine in, don’t worry, because they will also accept the flyer for take-out orders, too! Don’t forget to purchase ScripNow and you’ll receive a rebate to your student’s grant account. We hope to see you there!
Crimson Regiment Places 3rd in 4A at State!
October 25, 2014 – After giving their best performance of the year in 4A CBA State finals competition in Colorado Springs, the Crimson Regiment earned a score of 79.75 and came home with a 3rd place trophy. The band had previously won 1st place in the CBA Northern Regional competition, automatically qualifying them for entrance into the semi-finals at the CBA State competition.
See the article in the Reporter Herald.
4A/5A Semi-finals and Finals*: Saturday, October 25
Where: Falcon Stadium | 2169 Field House Drive, U.S. Air Force Academy, CO
Time: LHS SEMI-FINALS performance 11:00 A.M. | FINALS* start at 5:15 P.M. | 4A/5A Full Retreat & Award Ceremony 9:30 P.M.
*Note: Our evening performance time is based on our placement in SEMIs. Pay attention to announcements during SEMIs Drum Majors’ Retreat for Finals performance times.
► CLICK HERE to get all the information about the 4A/5A State competition, including: Student Itinerary, Directions, IMPORTANT INFO for entering the Air Force Academy, AFA grounds, stadium and routing maps, Semi-finals and Finals schedules, admission prices and our Souper Celebration dinner potluck.
Souper Celebration – bring your favorite soup recipe in a crock pot or stovetop safe container, bring salads, breads, crackers, etc. Desserts welcome. Meet at approx. 4:00 near the Loveland Props trailer where you can fire up your camp stoves to heat your casseroles. Bring your chairs and beverages. Let’s celebrate this awesome marching season.
What is Trunk-or-Treat?
A tradition of the Crimson Regiment since 2006, Trunk or Treat is an event put on by the parents for the marching band students. Scheduled after a late October evening rehearsal at the Loveland Sports Park, students traditionally wear costumes to rehearsal and then participate in the Trunk or Treat.
► Note: ONLY Staff, Band Students and their younger siblings can participate.
What do I do to be part of Trunk or Treat?
Parents decorate the “trunks” of their vehicles with all kinds of spooky splendor and distribute “treats” to the students. Although there is no competition for the Best Trunk, parents get into the spirit of the night by adding lights, sound effects and come themselves in costume.
Tip for Parents…Arrive by 7:30 to finish decorating your trunks and to have time to watch the final run-through by the Crimson Regiment.
The LHS Bands Program presented its first band concert of the season with student-led small ensembles, the Concert Band, the Wind Symphony and the award-winning Crimson Regiment Marching Band. Click on the links below to view videos of the performances.
Thank-you to our LHS bands videographer: Patrick Buckley.
- Salvation is Created | composer: Tschevnekov | 2:31 minutes | LHS Concert Band
- Adrenaline Engines | composer: Strandridge | 2:41 minutes | LHS Concert Band
- Music for the King’s Feast | composer: Purcell | 2:16 minutes | LHS Concert Band
- An American Elegy | composer: Ticheli | 11:46 minutes | LHS Wind Symphony | An American Elegy was composed by Ticheli in memory of those who lost their lives at Columbine High School in 1999 and in honor of the survivors. Ticheli said, “It is offered as a tribute to their great strength and courage. . . . I hope the work can also serve as one reminder of how fragile and precious life is and how intimately connected we all are as human beings.”
- Fade to Black – LHS Crimson Regiment’s award-winning 21014 Marching show | Assorted composers: Joy by Joseph Curiale, LUX AURUMQUE by Eric Whitacre and Symphony 5 by Shostakovich | 9:01 minutes
- Director of Bands: Mr. Kyle Freesen