TIME IS RUNNING OUT…
One week is left to flock a family, friend or neighbor before these pink beauties fly off for warmer regions. The Loveland High School Band Boosters (LHSBB) are taking orders until September 6 for their Crimson Flamingo Flocking Fundraiser. Funds raised will go to the 2014/15 LHS band program. The first Flocked house was that of the Mayor of Loveland, Cecil Gutierrez. Sightings of the flock have been monitored and marked since mid-July on the Loveland city map below.
Crimson Flock Sightings in Loveland – as of Aug. 25
Migration to Loveland yards ends on September 6.
What is a “Crimson Flamingo Flocking” you ask? For a small donation, the LHS band students – with adult supervision at night – will place 20 of these crimson darlings in your friend’s or neighbor’s yard where they will roost for 48 hours and then mysteriously migrate to another friend’s lawn.
How it works:
• Loveland residents can make a donation to “flock” someone in town, sending a group of pink flamingoes to their lawn.
• A flier explaining the flocking process will be left at each house with the flamingos
• The “flocked” resident can elect to flock a friend or neighbor, buy anti-flocking insurance so the flock never comes to your yard again, pay to have the flock removed or simply keep the flock and 48 hours later, the birds will mysteriously migrate to another Loveland yard.
• Flocking is done Sunday through Thursday. The Crimson Flamingos need their rest on the weekends!
• Deliveries will not occur if extenuating circumstances prevail.
• Flocks may migrate within a 5 mile radius of Loveland city limits.
• How do you start?
- You can “Flock” one of your friends for $25.00
- Buy Pre-Anti-Flocking insurance for $25.00 so that no flock will ever be in your yard this migration season
- Been Flocked? Buy Post-Anti-Flocking Insurance for $15.00 so that no birds will ever “flock” again in your yard this migration season
- Pay $10.00 to remove the flock from your yard
- Pay $5.00 to find out who “Flocked” you (if no prior hush $$ have been collected)
- Leave the flock in your yard and they will mysteriously migrate to another yard in 48 hours
To flock a friend, purchase insurance or to find out who flocked you, contact: LHSFundraisingVP@yahoo.com
Or fill-out the Crimson Flamingo Flocking Order Form, complete it and send it to:
Loveland High School Band Boosters
P.O. Box 1242, Loveland, CO. 80539
Make your check payable to “LHSBB”
Confirmation of your scheduled “Flocking” will be sent via Email.
Flocking is done in good spirits and is not intended to be mean.
► Proceeds to fund the 2014/15 Loveland High School Bands Program.
The Loveland High School Bands is a world-class, award-winning high school music program with approximately 200 of the 1500 students as active members. The Loveland High School Bands program strives to give all participating students a comprehensive musical education in aspects of instrumental music while also focusing on instilling important life skills necessary for becoming productive members of society, and connoisseurs of music for life.
For more information, contact:
► Co-Chair: Melissa Foss | 970-443-3277 | LHSFundraisingVP@yahoo.com
► Co-Chair: Michel Meador | 970-231-3117 | LHSFundraisingVP@yahoo.com
► Volunteer Information ONLY